Our Website is currently under construction – we hope to be sporting a new look with loads more functionality for June 2023
If you’re looking to book a Holiday Program, Duke of Edinburgh Adventurous Journey or Skills course you can do this here via Eventbrite
Peel Forest Outdoor Centre is located next to Peel Forest Park Scenic Reserve in South Canterbury, adjacent to the Rangitata River and at the foothills of the Southern Alps.
We aim to provide opportunities for all to experience, learn and grow. Our safe, affordable and quality outdoor and environmental programmes are designed to educate, challenge and inspire.
In an increasingly digital world spent inside, we are motivated to create unique experiences to challenge people to get out & be enriched by the great outdoors that is uniquely New Zealand. We are proud to have developed the confidence and skills of many of our clients and are humbled by the positive and supportive feedback we receive.
This includes the potential to:
- Challenge yourself, learn new skills and build up a store of new confidence
- Experience high-adrenaline adventures within the context of safety
- Learn about the environment as you actively engage with it
- Personal/group development in the unique NZ outdoors – we can cater to what you want to get out of the programme, including leadership, teamwork, self-development and learning about your values.
- Train for one of the increasingly popular multi-sport events the South Island has to offer, like Coast to Coast, Spring Challenge or Godzone
- Our programmes are flexible: you can come to us or we can come to you. We aim to tailor the programme for what is best for the students and can include a huge variety of outdoor activities.
- We employ well-qualified staff who will provide you with a quality, safe and amazing programme to achieve your outcomes.
We are registered as an Adventure Activity Operator (AAO) with WorkSafe NZ. The Health and Safety at Work (Adventure Activities) Regulations 2016 established a safety audit and registration process. The regulations aim to enhance professionalism and ensure consistent good practices across the sector.