$980 inc gst
7 days including
Training, Practice and Qualifier
Start and finish at the Peel Forest Outdoors Centre base located 20 minutes outside of Geraldine.
Arrive: 10 am on day 1
Finish: 4pm on the final day
15+ or when you complete Bronze level
The full 7 days will cover the training, practice and qualifying requirements for the Silver level
- 1 full day of training
- 2 days and 1 night of practice journey
- 1 resupply/planning day
- 3 days and 2 nights of qualifying journey
Be prepared to stay in a tent or hut for the journey-based portions of this programme. It is up to participants to decide on their route and pay hut costs if they choose to stay in them.
The nights not spent journeying will be spent on site at our off-grid cabins.
Each cabin is a simple open plan with separate toilet room and bathroom. They feature solar power, solar water heating backed up with a wetback fire, basic gas cooking facilities, BBQ, a solar-heated shower, and composting toilets.
Arrive with enough food for the first 3 days. We will resupply on day 4. The cabins have basic outdoor gas cooking facilities and a BBQ. The fridge at our office may be used.
Duke of Edinburgh Requirements
We have outlined all relevant requirements in our course information. If you want more information visit the Duke of Edinburgh website.
10am – Meet at Peel Forest Outdoor Centre
- Plan qualifier and practice journeys
- Do any training necessary
- Stay at Cabins
Ready to book!
- Pack (approx. 60L) with a pack liner – plastic rubbish bags work
- Suitable active clothing for the weather (no cotton!)
- Waterproof raincoat and over trousers
- 2x Thermal tops
- 2x Thermal bottoms
- 2x Fleece jackets
- Quick drying t-shirt
- 2x pairs woollen socks
- Woollen/fleece beanie and gloves
- Tramping boots (worn in!)
- Water Bottle (2L minimum)
- Compass and whistle
- Cap or Hat
- 3-4 season sleeping bag
- Foam/inflatable mat
- Cooker, fuel, bowl/plate, utensils
- Food for at least the first 4 days
- Personal first aid kit
- Headtorch and spare batteries
- Notebook and pen
- Any medications you take
Gear that will be supplied:
- Wetsuits/river crossing safety gear
- Emergency first aid and comms (mountain radio, PLB, inreach)
Gear that can be supplied if needed:
- Fleece Tops
- 2-person tents
- Warm hat or gloves (winter)
- Tramping poles
- Puffer jacket
- Old trainers for river crossing session
- Extra comfy cabin clothes and shoes