$850 inc gst
Start and finish at the Peel Forest Outdoors Centre base
9am-4pm each day
Appropriate for ages 16 and up
Grade Two Certificate is a pre-requisite
Starting with a flat and moving water session we will refine the technique and seek out the quickest lines.
Day One will include a video analysis of the strokes and technique on the river.
Day Two will involve a river run down the Rakaia with lots of time to work on the previous day’s feedback.
We provide accommodation in our off-grid Cabins at no extra charge for the duration of the course.
What you will need to bring:
You will need to bring your own bedding (sheets, pillows and duvets or sleeping bag) and towels. We provide hand towels, bathmats, tea towels and cloths for cleaning. The bedrooms are not heated so please make sure you bring enough bedding to keep warm.
You need to bring all your own food and snacks – you will need a packed lunch in a dry bag for all days.
The Cabins do not have refrigeration, but we have some fridge space that can be used at our office.
- No cancellations. We have many sites to choose from to help make our courses resilient. We’ll do our best to run no-matter the conditions. In the unlikely event, we have to postpone due to extreme weather, we’ll find a date that works for you.
- No minimum numbers. Even if you’re the only person on the course – we’ll run! Lucky you.
08:30 am – 4:00 pm
Meet at Peel Forest Outdoor Centre, 1222 Peel Forest Road, Peel Forest 7992
Skills and coaching on moving water. Utilization of video to work on strokes.
River Run – Work on navigating rapids and finding the best line. Video footage of paddling rapids followed by analysis at the end of the day.
Ready to book!
On the course, we will be spending lots of time in the water, potentially upside down and swimming, so come prepared for this.
Please inform us of the items you need us to supply before the start of your course and the sizes. This saves us bring heaps of gear out to the pool on the first day.
- Boat you will Race in
- Thermal Polypro or woollen shirt
- Fleece jersey or second polypro shirt
- Woollen or Polypro socks
- Pair of running shoes (these will get wet)
- Spare change of clothes
- Drink bottle
- Lunch and snacks
- Any medications you take
- Thermal leggings (highly recommended on cooler days)
Gear We Will Supply:
- All safety equipment related to kayaking (e.g. throw bag, pin kit, first aid kit, split paddle, bothy. etc)
Gear We Can Supply on Request:
By this stage, we highly recommend using your own gear to get familiar with how it works, but we can supply it if required.
- Paddling kit
- Splash top
- Thermal top or leggings
- Fleece Top