Season Greetings from Peel Forest Outdoor Centre Team
As our spring season draws to a close, we’re all still wondering when the consistently warm, sunny weather will arrive !
- Despite the slow start to warmer weather, our spring season started well with a new waterfall abseiling activity along with all our other awesome education adventures. Our first 5 day programme with Kings High School kicked off last week & we look forward to running more of these multi day courses in the Summer alongside our other trips
- At the time this news letter goes out, Duke of Edinburgh students have just spent the night out at Little Mt Peel and will continue their multi day activities this week. Here’s hoping the weather behaves for them for the rest of the trip.
- We have limited spaces for the Summer/Autumn season, get in contact with us to secure the last available dates for your school or business.
- Peel Forest Holiday Programs- Thursday 24th to Sunday 27th January 2019. We will be running 4 activity days aimed at students &families. Please see attached flyer and registration forms or contact Julie at the centre on email@example.com, 03 696 3832 or 027 262 6049
- Winter 2019 – New courses ! This coming winter we have developed winter activities based out at Raincliff Camp. Options include alpine skills, snow caving, skiing at Mt Dobson, flat water kayak at Lake Opuha and abseil & rock climbing. We can also offer transport to and from the Centre. Please get in contact with us to find out more details, course dates and how book. We would also be happy to tailor a program to suit your needs.
- We are very pleased to announce that we are now able to offer catering services for any courses or stays at our Eco Lodge. Take the hassle out of trying to organise food for your students or team yourselves by getting in contact to discuss options and costs.
- Currently Eco Lodge is busy with booking this summer already with bookings to the end of January. However please contact us regarding bookings from February onwards.
- Our Grade 2 Kayaking courses are progressing well and we are confident that the newly graded participants will have the abilities to safely paddle the Waimakariri Gorge portion of the Kathmandu Coast to Coast. We wish them well for race day. We will be expanding our Coast to Coast Godzone & Spring Challenge coaching to include multi day – all discipline training including multisport boat experience. Get in contact for more details!
As always, we are indebted to our wonderful funders & sponsors who continue to support the centre:
Air Rescue Services Limited, Estate S A Hensley Charitable, Pub Charity, Sargood Trust, The Southern trust, Trust Aoraki, W Toomey Charitable Trust, Community Trust Mid & South Canterbury, North End Motors Geraldine, Kumho Tyres, Woodleys Transport & Contracting, Ashley Electronics.
We’ve got social ! We’rein the process of updating our website with course details, online booking& a weekly blog. In the meantime, keep up to date with us on Instagram @peelforestoutdoorsor facebook.com/peelforestoutdoorscentre
All the team at Peel Forest Outdoor Pursuits centre wish you a safe holidays with loved ones and look forward to seeing you in the New Year.
Jeff, Julie, Ben, Jan & all the wonderful outdoor instructors and volunteers